How to use Euronews to practice your English Listening Skills
A Coggle Diagram about The method
- Listen for general understanding (w/o reading the text)
- Listen again and try to understand some further details. Focus on finding words you understand and build your understanding from the context.
- Read the text associated with the video
- Listen again, this time while following along with the text. Write down/highlight any words you don't understand
- Look up the words you've written down that you don't understand
- Listen again to see the difference in how much you can understand. Listen especially for the new words you've just looked up and notice how they change you're understanding of the article/report.
), Why Euronews?
(The news reports are video. The audio is informational and provides great, relevant vocabulary.
, They have a 'business' section so you can use these reports to focus on learning relevant business vocabulary.
, The article text that accompanies the videos tends to be more or less and transcription of the audio.
, All of the content is free
and Reports are short and digestable
) and Finding the right articles