Food tech (health and safety)
A Coggle Diagram about Fire Procedure
- Sound the alarm and call the fire rescue service
- Turn off the gas and electricity supply if possible
- Try to put out fire if its safe to do so
- Leave the building and go quickly to the agreed meeting place and closing doors and windows where possible on the way out
- People should not go back into the building until told to do so
), Burns and scalds
- Dry heat causes a burn, for example a hot oven- tray.
- Wet heat causes a scald, for eg boiling water.
- The injured area should be run under cold water for at least ten minutes or until it stops stinging.
- Lotions and creams shouldn't be put on the injury.
- Burns caused by hot fat can be dangerous. immediate medical help is needed for anyone burnt by hot fat
, Fires are a big risk in a catering establishment
, By law, work places have to have a fire policy (a plan)
and This says how they will try to prevent fires and what they will do if there is a fire
- If someones badly hurt after a fall they shouldn't be moved. it might make the injury worse.
- If they're not badly hurt but cant get up, they should be put into the recovery position
- they can get up, the person should be helped to sit, then stand up slowly
- If someone faints, they should sit with their head down between their knees
), First Aid
(First aid is the first medical care a person gets when they're hurt
, by law there must be one first aid kit and one person who's responsible for first aid in every work place
and First aid kits should be easy to get to and contain important first aid items - ie rubber gloves, plasters and bandages
) and Cuts
- Cuts should be washed and dried. then a BLUE detectable plaster can be put over the cut
- If the cut keeps bleeding, the cut area should be held above the level of the persons heart and squeezed.