Chapter 3 : Formwork (ii)
A Coggle Diagram about Type
- Consists of vertically arranged upright timbers (formwork bearers) to which sheeting boards are nailed at the concrete side.
- The upright timbers are diagonally braced by means of boards at both sides.
- Prefabricated sheeting panels may also be used instead of sheeting boards.
- Cleaning holes are to be provided at the foot of the formwork.
- Is prefabricated according to the column dimensions from sheeting boards connected by cover straps.
- The sheeting panels are placed in a foot rim which is anchored in the soil by steel bolts.
- The distances of the clamps are specified in the formwork project. Normally they are approximately 700 mm.
- The column in the formwork is laterally tied by diagonal board braces.
- Can be designed in various ways.
- Basically there is a difference between formwork for individual foundations, normally designed as socket foundations, and formwork for strip foundations.
- The type of design is dictated by the size, mainly by the height of the foundation formwork.
- Bracing is by squared and round timbers as well as boards diagonally arranged.
- Tie wires as well as metal screws are used as formwork ties.
- Can include formwork panels, joists, stringers, and other supports that allow concrete to be poured and suspended above the ground.
- Such formwork often combines a variety of materials, including metal, plywood, and in some cases even plastic components used to give concrete its shape and strength.
- Concrete stairs also require temporary formwork and the necessary check timber supports.
- As with timber stairs, check the height from floor to floor as the first step in the preparation of a set out.
- Divide this total rise into a suitable number of risers and then calculate the proportionate size to the go, as described in the chapter dealing with timber stairs.
- A flight of stairs should be easy and comfortable to climb
- Beam formwork has prefabricated formwork sheeting parts (sheeting bottom and side sheeting panels).
- Such individual parts are manufactured based on the beam dimensions specified in the project.
- For prefabrication of the formwork sheeting parts, a special preparation table must be manufactured on site.
), Material used for formwork
and Safe work practices
(Possible hazards associated with the use of formwork are forrwork collapsing, falling from heights, falling objects and hearing damage